- Why Andrew Mason was Let Go from GrouponPosted 81 days ago
- Why Apple’s Stores Inspire Google to Steal From SuccessPosted 83 days ago
- DigiYoo in Review: The Oscar Nominees ArePosted 85 days ago
- When Did Fat Become Part of a Movie Review?Posted 101 days ago
- Facebook Location App Released SoonPosted 104 days ago
- Pinterest Give’s it’s IPhone App a FaceliftPosted 105 days ago
- DigiYoo in Review: Episode 4 Georgia Van CuylenburgPosted 106 days ago
- Super Bowl Ad Appears Culturally Insensitive to ViewersPosted 106 days ago
- Are Super Bowl Commercials Now Bigger Than the Game?Posted 107 days ago
- Glee Star Sued for Sexual AssaultPosted 108 days ago
Moving to Mars With Elon Musk
SpaceX CEO, Elon Musk, has unveiled his plans to build a self sustaining colony of 80,000 people on the planet Mars. Musk is also responsible for founding Tesla Motors and Paypal- so he probably has the money to do it as well.
First of all, if I had known that going to and living on another planet was an actual possibility, I would have saved my money to go to Mars instead of spending it all on Mars Bars.
Additionally, every person I’ve told this news to either looked at me as if I had fabricated it on the spot or as if I was writing another Halo trilogy.
The actual proposal by Elon Musk is just a plan, in reality his idea of a colony that can both utilize Mars’ atmosphere and farm on its soil is years away.
The story has perhaps caught such widespread media attention because it’s so unusual, as many of the details haven’t been worked out- Forbes’ Alex Knapp discusses the details that have in his article http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/11/27/spacex-billionaire-elon-musk-wants-a-martian-colony-of-80000-people/# .
Regardless of the reason of the story’s popularity, I’m in. It’s outstanding to think that within the same century that our society has launched both man and machine into space that we still plan to go so much further.
It’s estimated that the built colony and transportation costs will amount to about 36 billion dollars, a hefty price that easily explains where all of the Paypal surcharges are being directed towards.
It’s amazing that people are even considering such technological expansion and it will be both groundbreaking and revolutionary not if, but when, the Mars colony becomes a reality.