- The Quick and Easy Mediterranean Diet CookbookPosted 4 months ago
- Why Disney Buys YouTube’s Maker StudiosPosted 4 months ago
- Top Restaurants with Mobile AppsPosted 4 months ago
- Who is (978) 867-5492?Posted 5 months ago
- Should Google Glass Be Used for Military Only?Posted 5 months ago
- HireQ Inc. A New Site to Connect The WorkplacePosted 5 months ago
- What are the Best Apps for Valentine’s Day?Posted 6 months ago
- Nadella Named New CEO for MicrosoftPosted 6 months ago
- Turkey Attacks! Turkey Attacks News Reporter – SuburbiaPosted 8 months ago
- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here: Alice In Chains ReviewedPosted 9 months ago
Moving to Mars With Elon Musk
SpaceX CEO, Elon Musk, has unveiled his plans to build a self sustaining colony of 80,000 people on the planet Mars. Musk is also responsible for founding Tesla Motors and Paypal- so he probably has the money to do it as well.
First of all, if I had known that going to and living on another planet was an actual possibility, I would have saved my money to go to Mars instead of spending it all on Mars Bars.
Additionally, every person I’ve told this news to either looked at me as if I had fabricated it on the spot or as if I was writing another Halo trilogy.
The actual proposal by Elon Musk is just a plan, in reality his idea of a colony that can both utilize Mars’ atmosphere and farm on its soil is years away.
The story has perhaps caught such widespread media attention because it’s so unusual, as many of the details haven’t been worked out- Forbes’ Alex Knapp discusses the details that have in his article http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/11/27/spacex-billionaire-elon-musk-wants-a-martian-colony-of-80000-people/# .
Regardless of the reason of the story’s popularity, I’m in. It’s outstanding to think that within the same century that our society has launched both man and machine into space that we still plan to go so much further.
It’s estimated that the built colony and transportation costs will amount to about 36 billion dollars, a hefty price that easily explains where all of the Paypal surcharges are being directed towards.
It’s amazing that people are even considering such technological expansion and it will be both groundbreaking and revolutionary not if, but when, the Mars colony becomes a reality.