- Why Andrew Mason was Let Go from GrouponPosted 83 days ago
- Why Apple’s Stores Inspire Google to Steal From SuccessPosted 85 days ago
- DigiYoo in Review: The Oscar Nominees ArePosted 87 days ago
- When Did Fat Become Part of a Movie Review?Posted 103 days ago
- Facebook Location App Released SoonPosted 106 days ago
- Pinterest Give’s it’s IPhone App a FaceliftPosted 107 days ago
- DigiYoo in Review: Episode 4 Georgia Van CuylenburgPosted 108 days ago
- Super Bowl Ad Appears Culturally Insensitive to ViewersPosted 108 days ago
- Are Super Bowl Commercials Now Bigger Than the Game?Posted 109 days ago
- Glee Star Sued for Sexual AssaultPosted 110 days ago
Tired of the Super Bowl? You Could Have Watched the Puppy Bowl Instead! Woof, Woof!
The Super Bowl was played over the weekend, and the Baltimore Ravens just got by the San Francisco 49ers by a score of 34 to 31. Oh yeah, there was also an aggravating blackout that stopped the game for more than half an hour, which means that someone naturally forgot to pay the electric bill at the Mercedes Benz Superdome. If all of this exaggerated drama and hubbub is too much for you, may I suggest a suitable replacement for your yearly Super Bowl viewing? What could it be? The Puppy Bowl, natch.
If you want a break from watching overgrown, overfed and testosterone-loaded guys tackling each other for 3 or 4 hours, then why not tune in to Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl? I promise that you’ll at least have a…cuddlier time. Of course, the Puppy Bowl is mainly for dog lovers and lovers of all things cute, cuddly and wet-nosed, but it’s been popular enough for the channel to turn it into a yearly event.
The Puppy Bowl’s concept is easy enough for everyone and their mothers to understand. Basically, a bunch of puppies are let loose on a much smaller version of the NFL’s football field, all inside of a TV studio. They then spend the next 1.5 hours running around this field, playing with each other, tripping over each other, playing with plastic toys and, yes, sometimes also defecating right on the field!! But it’s still all good because puppy poop…is cute poop. Awwww.
Personally, I prefer watching Animal Planet for shows like Pit Bulls & Parolees, but if you’ve got a soft spot for cute, squishy and ridiculously clumsy puppies, then you may want to watch the Puppy Bowl instead of the Super Bowl next year. Woof!