- The Quick and Easy Mediterranean Diet CookbookPosted 5 months ago
- Why Disney Buys YouTube’s Maker StudiosPosted 5 months ago
- Top Restaurants with Mobile AppsPosted 5 months ago
- Who is (978) 867-5492?Posted 6 months ago
- Should Google Glass Be Used for Military Only?Posted 6 months ago
- HireQ Inc. A New Site to Connect The WorkplacePosted 6 months ago
- What are the Best Apps for Valentine’s Day?Posted 7 months ago
- Nadella Named New CEO for MicrosoftPosted 7 months ago
- Turkey Attacks! Turkey Attacks News Reporter – SuburbiaPosted 9 months ago
- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here: Alice In Chains ReviewedPosted 10 months ago
A Super Feeling
On Sunday February 2nd was the greatest day in Seattle sports history. It was the first time since 1979 a professional sports team had won a championship. The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII.
The reaction in Seattle was unreal. People were on the streets celebrating and fireworks were going off. The whole state of Washington was having a good time. The support for the team this season was at an all time high like never before.
I live in Washington state and I have family that lives in Colorado. So it was fun to watch the game knowing that they were doing the same thing. We also exchanged messages “trash talking” on who’s team was better. It was fun to do that.
When the game was going on I had no doubt in my mind that the Seahawks were going to win. The whole game I was thrilled at what the outcome was going to be. As the game was getting towards the end the anticipation was building even more. As the clock hit zero it all hit me at once the Seahawks had won the game.
I will admit it right now that I almost cried. All my life I had to watch everything from mediocre teams to horrible teams and he threat of losing the Seahawks. That night all of the horrible sporting stuff that had happened in the past was put to rest. No more did I have to think about that 2-14 season and the dark days of the Rick Mirer era. Or even Super Bowl XL. Words couldn’t even describe what I was feeling that night.
I wish that at least every fan of every team will get to experience that moment that I had. If you love your sports teams like I do it will mean the same to you like it did for me. Congratulations to the 2013 Seattle Seahawks and maybe they will win it again next year.